On September 22nd, trustees and staff of Zambia Orphans Aid UK (ZOA-UK) met at the London offices of the law firm DLA Piper for an inspiring meeting. The purpose was to discuss ZOA’s current activities and our future strategy. It was a day filled with enthusiasm and commitment to making a positive difference to the lives of Zambians.
Meet Our Dedicated Trustees:
- Garnet Mulomo, Chair: Zambian born, an experienced risk and project management professional who maintains strong connections to Zambia.
- Dr. Shimwaayi Muntemba, Vice Chair: Zambian born, a co-founder of ZOA-UK, Dr. Muntemba’s expertise lies in gender, health, and institutional capacity.
- Freedom Mpande, Treasurer and Secretary: A Zambian born Chartered Accountant with significant public sector auditing experience.
- Rachel Quine: A skilled Restorative Justice Practitioner with a family connection to Zambia.
- Peter Brooke: An African History lecturer at The University of Oxford conducting research on Zambian history.
- Venansio Mwansa Kabwe: Zambian born, a community organizer with a passion for bringing ZOA’s mission to the Zambian diaspora and beyond.
- Rumbi Mukwashi: A British policy professional committed to supporting Zambian youth.
- Florence Bili: A Zambian born lawyer specialising in child safeguarding.
The Away Day was a first for the ZOA-UK team. We have no office in the UK so our small team of part-time staff works from home and since COVID-19 quarterly Trustee meetings have moved online, so this was the first time that some people had met face-to-face. The day left everyone excited about ZOA-UK’s future initiatives, and we thank all those who attended and supported our mission. Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to make a difference in Zambia!